AGAHE (Association of Gender Awareness and Human Empowerment)
Established in 2004 and registered with Societies Act 1860 since 2007, AGHAE is a not-for-profit organization contributing to sustainable development of the most marginalized segments of society through its core program areas of WASH, Health & Nutrition, Governance and Education. AGAHE’s struggle for sustainable development has provided millions of people including men, women, youth and children with access to adequate and equitable resources for improvement in their life through integrated approached for sustainable development. On the other hand, AGAHE through its participatory approaches strives to create linkages of local populations to state departments as a means of bridging the gap between state and public. Gender Equality, Equity and Inclusion and Environmental Protection are cross-cutting themes with AGAHE for a balanced and enabling society.
To create an enabling environment for vulnerable segments of society where they can utilize their full potential for improvement in their lives and have equal opportunities to safe guard their rights.
To optimize the intangible resources of individuals, organizations and institutions to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Improve participation and representation of marginalized communities in decision making.
- Social development of marginalized communities.
- Economic development of poorest of the poor.
- AGAHE as a sustainable development training/resource center offering specialized services.
- To encourage and facilitate the vulnerable segments of society to participate in decision making process.
- To bring positive behavior change among community through awareness programs in relation to human rights associated with health, education and other social issues.
- To create linkages among community and government departments.
- To mobilize community to drink safe water, use sanitary latrines, adopt hygienic behaviors and keep the environment clean.
- To help children in getting better education and in playing active role in social development process.
- To facilitate community, especially women, to start income generation activities through provision of micro credit facilities, training and market linkages.
Featured Success Stories