Why AGAHE ???
Association for Gender Awareness & Human Empowerment (AGAHE) is an NGO working since 2004 in Punjab & Khyber Pakhtoon Khawa Provinces. AGAHE is actively working in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, Micro Finance & Sustainable Livelihood, Community Physical Infrastructure & Agriculture sectors.
The Advocacy Coordinator will be responsible for providing policy insight regarding WASH and development areas. He/she will be responsible for overall advocacy campaign and project related advocacy activities and will be actively involved in networking and relationship building with all sector based stakeholders. Advocacy coordinator will be providing a key role in promoting project/program’s purpose by excellent technical insight.
· Assist in designing and delivering the Influencing and Enabling Program to achieve program objectives.
· Develop operational plans, strategies including budget for implementation of Influencing and Enabling Program in consultation with Manager Projects.
· Proactively analyze and review sector policies and plans, and seek to influence government and key stakeholders towards pro-poor, gender-sensitive, and sustainable approaches in the sector
· Represent organization at relevant WASH and advocacy forums for lobbying, experience sharing, learning and profile building of organization.
· Support program team in developing and aligning policy and advocacy agenda for creating synergies in the work.
· Establishing strong relationship with relevant government ministries/departments and other relevant departments such as CSOs, media and academic research institutions for collaboration, support, capacity building and policy influencing.
· Generating and feeding of ground level information and data for designing the program’s advocacy campaigns.
· Provide relevant support and data for annual reports, program plans and reviews and other need-based reporting to donor organization.
· Contribute to internal organizational discussions and strategic direction of program.
· Assist in preparation of project plans and budgets with relevance to policy & advocacy component of program.
Education and Experience:
· Post-graduate / Masters’ degree in development studies, public policy or development economics
· Minimum 5-7 years experience of advocacy, research and policy analysis based in Pakistan of which at least 2 years with any reputed NGO/INGO organization
· Knowledge and hands-on experience of designing and conducting research
· Experience of lobbying and / or campaigning work and its planning
· Experience of developing training program and facilitating training activities
· Knowledge of working of various government departments.
· Knowledge and expertise in emerging WASH issues and challenges.
· Good grasp on the role of policy analysis, research and advocacy work in development
· Knowledge of NGO policy and advocacy networks and social movements in Pakistan
· Knowledge of poverty, gender, social inclusion and development issues
· Knowledge of political structure, culture and policy making process in the country
· Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
· Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
· Willing to work additional hours at crucial times and to travel in the field
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Carefully read the complete job description and apply only if you meet all requirements described here. Applications are to be sent to HR Unit (email@example.com) till September 6, 2015.
Download JOB APPLICATION FORM